In these two weeks, we’ve already:
- Started—and mostly completed!--process of registering everywhere (University, dorm, Magistrate, Insurance, etc.)
- Gotten our first taste of classes at an Austrian University, the Universität Salzburg.
- Gone on a few adventurous geography excursions in the area. We climbed a mountain (Gaisberg) (Oct. 10), went to the top of Mönchsberg (Oct. 4) and learned what conglomerate is, and visited the many beautifully kept antique houses at the Freilicht Museum (Oct. 9) (see pictures below in right-hand column!)
- Celebrated a Herbstparty (Autumn party) at Dr. Christina Guenther’s house.
- Had crazy adventures of our own in magical Salzburg!
We are now gearing up to journey to Wien (Vienna) this weekend. Look for a blog update about our travels there, as well as plenty of pictures!
PS: Did we mention in snowed in Salzburg--which very rarely happens--just a few days ago (Oct. 14)? Many students commented on Facebook. What a phenomenon!